I got this brand new ENVY 7820 as gift with notebook purchase (HKU). I tried to set up the printer and everything went well until when I intalled two cartridges that came in the box. The printer told me "Do not use SETUP cartridges." But I am in the process of setting up the printer???!!! And I cannot even use the catridges came in the box???!!!
I have tried the method in this post but it did not work!
Is there a tech support number in Hong Kong I can call? Please....
- Remove the cartridges from the printer.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Remove USB cable, if present.
- Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.
- Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord (This is important) and then plug back the power cord to the printer.
- Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle.